A step by step guide to selling your home…collaboratively
As you take the next steps to sell your home, we appreciate the opportunity to assist you in one of life’s most important events and trusting us with one of your greatest assets. Our commitment is to meet and exceed your expectations while providing constant feedback and communication throughout the entire process.
What makes Theresa Dillon different than most real estate agents?
Our comprehensive Full-Service Marketing System and Strategy is complimentary to you as a homeowner and is designed around your goals, needs and any concerns that were discussed in our initial meeting. The marketing plan is unique to your property’s specific needs. It is designed to obtain the highest price in the shortest period of time with as little inconvenience to you as possible.
What is My Home Worth?
Many factors influence the value of a home. The square footage, number and size of the rooms, condition of the structure, lot size and condition, current housing market conditions and location factor most heavily into a home’s value. To properly assess your home’s value, an initial consultation is scheduled to tour the home to review what improvements have been made to the home. Together, we will discuss what improvements should be made to increase the value of your house. A comprehensive market analysis is provided to determine a realistic and competitive pricing strategy for your home.
What to Consider When Selling a House?
We all want to make the most money when selling a house. There are some things that can be done to maximize profit at a minimal cost. Here are just a few simple ideas to increase the value of your home.
- Get a home inspection before going on the market. Knowing what needs to be corrected gives peace of mind and will eliminate any delays while in escrow.
- Create space by de-cluttering as much as possible and replace heavy window treatments with light colored panels to allow the light to come in.
- Neatness counts. Consider hiring a professional cleaning company to perform a deep clean. Wash all windows inside & out and remove screens.
- Paint the walls. Neutral colors make it easier for potential buyers to picture themselves in the space. Eliminate any bold colors.
- Update the bathroom. Replacing a faucet, light fixture and hardware are easy fixes and can give the room a new look.
- Update the kitchen. Kitchens are often the hub of the house and making minor changes like swapping out an old appliance or new hardware can yield big results.
Ideas for Staging a Home
Making repairs and staging a home can really add to the bottom line. According to the National Association of Realtors, 2015 Profile of Home Staging, most sellers’ agents believe that staging your home will increase offers, possibly by 10%! Here is a great checklist.
How Important is the Internet and Social Media When Selling Your Home?
Your on-line presence is your First Impression and it is crucial to your marketing. Casting a large enough net to capture those buyers is imperative to your marketing and getting an offer. According to the National Association of Realtors, 90% of home buyers start their search on-line when starting the home buying process. Check out below our Comprehensive Full-Service Marketing System and Strategy.
You have decided to sell your home – What are the next steps?
Our Comprehensive Full-Service Marketing System and Strategy
The first step is for Theresa and the stager to visit the property and devise a plan to optimize your home’s potential. We will assist you with practical ideas and suggestions on how to successfully prepare your house for sale and showcase in its best light, using your furniture and décor. At times, accent pieces are brought in to supplement and enhance.
A comprehensive market analysis is presented along with a step by step guide as to what to expect during the selling process. We will discuss the price of your home to strategically position it correctly given the current market conditions, competition and trends. Pricing it correctly from the start is crucial to a successful sale.
Optimize Your First Impression
These elements will be used in all marketing platforms comprised of professional high quality direct mail, brochures, postcards and social media.
- Professional HD Photography with Virtual Tours & Video uploaded to all Social Media Platforms & MLS
- Professional floor plans drawn and uploaded to all Social Media Platforms & MLS
- Marketing narrative & lifestyle story is drafted for the property, location and neighborhood with the sellers input to attract today’s buyer
- Featured Landing Page on company website
- Single Property Website
- eflyer designed for sharing with my Agent and Buyer Data Base
Position and Promote
The Pre-Launch, Coming Soon, Just Listed & Open House Strategies are designed to seed the marketplace and position the property for the best possible impression right out of the gate. Our enhanced Open House Program promotes the property to a large buyer base as well as showcasing the home to top agents. Our email campaign is designed to promote your home to hundreds of top agents and our buyer data base in multiple NJ counties.
Your home will appear on all major real estate websites, the GSMLS, our website, Coldwell Banker’s website, Coldwell Banker’s Regional Facebook Page and a multitude of social media platforms.
It’s the Moment you have Been Waiting for – A Buyer is Making an Offer
When a buyer is ready to present an offer, I will receive the offer on your behalf. I will then advise and assist you in the process and the necessary steps to be taken to obtain the best possible offer price and terms. The elements of the offer are as follows:
- Offer amount, what the buyer is willing to pay
- Initial deposit (if any) and the amount of the down payment
- Mortgage amount, if any and the terms of the mortgage
- Closing, Escrow dates and occupancy dates
- Sale contingencies and items either included or excluded from the sale
- Any counteroffers can include modifications to the original agreement. Most often counteroffers include a change in purchase price, contingencies or closing date. Sometimes this can happen quickly with a few phone calls or could take several days.
You have an Accepted Offer!
Once the offer is signed by both parties, it will be sent via email to the attorneys representing both parties to begin the Attorney Review Process. I will facilitate this process to ensure all parties have the offer and the attorney review process has begun.
What Happens Between Accepting an Offer and Closing?
There are many deadlines and contingencies that need to be monitored and met during the transaction. We will work together to monitor these deadlines making sure all contingencies are being met in a timely fashion.
- Escrow agent or attorney will hold the deposit monies and title until all contingencies are met.
- Home Inspection will be scheduled by the buyers
- The Appraiser will visit the property
- Town inspections need to be conducted
- Utilities need to be transferred
- Final walk-through
What Happens at Closing?
Most of the closing is about the buyer and their financing, as well as proof of title. It’s not a requirement for the seller to attend; sometimes the paperwork can be completed in advance. Closing costs for the seller will need to be covered by a certified check or cashier’s check, if they are not deducted from the proceeds of the sale. Any loans attached to the property will be paid off at closing.
As your agent, I will attend the closing on your behalf. Once title is transferred, I will then hand over keys.
What Happens after I Hand over the Keys?
After your mortgage is paid off and the sale has been recorded by the local officials, you are no longer the owner of the property. It is expected that you will have completely vacated the property, removed all trash and swept the floors.
Shortly after the loan is repaid, your lender should send you a “release of mortgage” Keep this and all copies of the closing documents as you may need them to prepare your taxes.